Roasted Duck Breasts with Raspberry and Orange Sauce
- 2 duck breasts (skin on)
- 165g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp honey juice of one medium-sized orange
- pinch of salt
- Fry the duck breast. Then pat the skin dry and make some holes in it on each breast side. Then lay it skin side down on a pan and set it on medium heat. Keep it till the skin becomes golden and crisp for about 7 minutes. And then turn it over and cook it for a minute. Lift the duck with the tongs on a dish and put it in the preheated oven to 220ºF/200ºC/gas mark 7 for 20 minutes.
- While the duck is put on a roast, you can put on the sauce. Remove the fat while you are frying the duck and add some salt. When it bubbles, mash the raspberries a little when you are stirring and squeeze the orange juice in. After a few seconds, it should be hot and bubbling. Blend it until it becomes smooth. Taste the sauce and fix the flavors as needed by adding more orange juice, salt or lemon or grapefruit. Then serve the warm sauce with sliced and roasted duck breasts.
Duck with raspberry sauce
- 2 boneless duck breasts
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chicken or duck stock
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Melt some fat in an oven proof skillet on medium high heat
- Season the duck breast with sea salt for taste and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the breast in the skillet on skin side down and brown it for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
- Get rid of the skillet from the stove and keep it in the preheated oven.
- Then roast the duck for at least 8 to 10 minutes on medium rare in the oven.
- Then remove the duck and let it cool down for 5 to 6 minutes.
- When the duck is resting put the same skillet on the medium heat back again and add garlic to the obtained fat.
- Cook the garlic until it becomes soft.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and cook it until it is reduced.
- In the skillet, add the stock and raspberries. Slice and serve the breast with raspberry sauce.