The Indian aviation industry has been on an upward trajectory in recent years. The booming economic growth means more tourists and more flights to foreign countries. Accordingly, the aviation industry has been hiring people every year to make space for growth. One of the most popular aviation careers is that of a pilot. To accommodate all prospective students from the country, there are several pilot training schools have been built. The Directorate General of Civil Aviation approves schools providing pilot training in India regularly.
The top pilot training academies in India that have been approved by the DGCA are as follows.
- Ahmedabad Aviation and Aeronautics, Gujarat: The Ahmedabad Aviation and Aeronautics have been in operation since 1994. The DGCA approved institute has its hangars at Mehsana airfield. The school has multiple single-engine aircraft and single or multiengine flight simulator. State-of-the-art technology is used to teach in classes.
Courses: AAA has many programs to suit students’ needs. They have a commercial pilot license, private pilot license, and the aspirant pilot program. There is also a separate program that has ground classes for a commercial pilot license.
- Asia Pacific Flight Training Academy Ltd., Telangana: Located in the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, is the Asia Pacific Fight training Academy. With their highly experienced faculty, pilot training is provided in many aspects of aviation. There are single-engine pistons, multi-engine rating, Diamond DA40D, and DA 42. Students can apply after completing their 10+2 exams.
Courses: The most popular programs are the commercial pilot license and private pilot license. There are also assistant flight instructor ratings, multi-engine ratings, etc.
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udan Academy, Uttar Pradesh: Commonly called IGRUA, the Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udan Academy, provides pilot training since 1985. More than 150 students are trained at a time at IGRUA. Students who pass out have been recruited into Indian airlines, BSF, Coast guard, and
Courses: IGRUA has a commercial pilot license course and B.Sc in aviation course.
- Government Aviation Training Institute, Odisha: GATI has been training future pilots since it was established in the year 1946. They have a large team of experienced faculty, airstrips at Bhubaneshwar and Birasal and sixe aircraft that also includes a multi-engine
Courses: GATI has a commercial pilot license, private pilot license, and the student pilot license training. Also, they have flight radiotelephony license, night rating, instrument rating, and patter flying training.
- Blue Ray Aviation Pvt. Ltd., Maharashtra: The Blue Ray Aviation is a pilot training school built by a father-daughter duo, Rajiv Gandhi and Priya Gandhi. They have private and commercial pilot license training. Students who are new pass outs from 10+2 class are admitted into their programs.
Courses: The Blue Ray Aviation has a private pilot license, commercial pilot license, license conversion, and flight instructor rating program.
- Bihar Flying Institute, Bihar: The Bihar Flying Institute is the second oldest institute that provides pilot training in India. It has been training pilots since it was established in the year 1940. It has been approved by the DGCA and the Government of Bihar for its pilot training.
Courses: There are three main courses or licenses that are given at Bihar Flying Institute: private pilot licence, commercial pilot licence, and student pilot licence.
- Rajiv Gandhi Academy for Aviation Technology, Kerala: Located in Kerala, is the Rajiv Gandhi Academy for Aviation Technology. Established in the year 1956, the institute is DGCA approved and owned by the Government of Kerala. Besides flying, students are groomed from all aspects of personality.
Courses: The institute has a private pilot license, commercial pilot license with a private pilot license, and standard commercial pilot license courses. The course duration is from 15 months to 3 years.
Check all the details for Flying / Pilot Training course for fees, eligibility, syllabus and more at https://www.shiksha.com/aviation/flying-pilot-training-chp